We can’t stress enough how important physical activity is at every age. It can be hard to incorporate physical activities at home if it’s not a family activity. That’s what we’re here for! Are you still not convinced exercise is important after our previous blog? Well here are more 5 reasons on why physical activity is important:
6. Strengthens bone – Muscles grow stronger when physically stressed, as do bones. When you exercise, your bone density increases, which also helps prevents osteoporosis, a condition where bones lose density and become fragile.
7. Helps prevent cancer – Studies indicate individuals who exercise regularly have low chances of cancer. Cancers most affected by exercise include prostate, uterine, colon and breast cancers.
8. Regulates blood pressure – No matter what age you are, 5 or 45, stress is present. Exercise reduces stress levels. When your stress level lowers, the risk for high blood pressure and reduce the risk for heart disease.
9. Improves energy levels and provides a healthy outlet – By finding the outlet they love and enjoy, they’re filled with a positive energy that gives them a healthy outlet for that excitement.
10. Enhances emotional well-being – Many people feel a sense of calm and well-being after they exercise. Exercise increases the levels of serotonin in the central nervous system, creating that well-being feeling.
Let them come jump out some energy, make new friends and take a fantastic nap afterwards (not guaranteed, but is very common among our guests). Whether they’re coming for some after school fun, weekend outing or having a barnyard birthday party, Fun-e Farm is a great place for kids to have some healthy fun.