Earth Day is an awesome opportunity to teach your child about the world around them, from barnyard animals to exotic life from around the globe. Show them the value of the natural world and how they can help preserve it with these Earth Day activities for kids.
6 Earth Day Activities for Kids
- Spruce up the garden. Plant summer flowers, prune a tree, and teach your kids the importance of weeding.
- Save the world (one plastic bottle at a time). Teach kids the how to clean up after themselves. You can even make a game of it! Ask your kids to help pick up trash or sort the recycling. Whoever fills up their bag the quickest gets an extra treat at Fun-E Farm!
- Get artistic. Teach your kids fun facts about critters that live nearby, as well as animals from around the world. Have them draw renditions of their favorites and hang them in a place of honor on the fridge.
- Go green. Teach your kids that riding their bikes isn’t just fun, it’s also a smart choice for helping the environment. Have a contest how many ways to go green the family can come up with.
- Feed the birds. Tie a string around a pinecone so you can hang it in the backyard. Then have the kids coat it in peanut butter or honey. Roll the sticky pinecone in birdseed, and finally, hang it from a tree and let the birds feast!
- Open your eyes. There’s life right outside your door. Ask your kids to make a list of the plants and animals that have made a home of their own in your backyard.
Ready to get out of the heat? Come to Fun-E Farm! You can test your kids’ knowledge of barnyard animals, or just bounce around and have a fun time. Come play with us this Earth Day!