Family is the most important people, and that is why we are always aware of how they are, if they need something, and if we can help them. Like we all know, a family is a group of people related either by consanguinity (by recognized birth) or affinity (by marriage or other relationship). The purpose of families is to maintain the well-being of their members and of society. Ideally, families would offer predictability, structure, and safety as members mature and participate in the community.
Sadly, there are times when an illness or accident can change things in a matter of seconds, which is why it is important to always be aware of our loved ones. It is of great importance that as people, we see how essential it is to have your family insured so that in case of any unfortunate event they can have the necessary attention.
A health insurance policy is an agreement between you and your insurance company. The policy lists a package of medical benefits such as tests, drugs, and treatment services. The insurance company agrees to cover the cost of certain benefits listed in your policy. These are called “covered services.”
Choosing the best health insurance coverage doesn’t have to be complicated. Through their strategic partnerships, insurers offer a variety of options for individuals, families, or employers and they work hard to make your medical insurance experience easy and convenient.
How do health insurance works?
Your or your families’ assets, savings, and future earnings can be better protected with a good health insurance policy. Because medical care costs can escalate really quickly, health insurance is a key way to help prevent financial losses. Although it can seem complicated, enrolling in a health care program, actually it is something really quite easy with a good insurer.
How do I know which services are covered?
Essential Health Benefits
Most insurance plans will cover a set of preventive services. This does not mean they are free. You may still need to pay deductibles, copayments, or other out-of-pocket costs.
These preventive services include shots and certain health screenings. If you buy a plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace, your insurance will cover the preventive services. It will also cover at least 10 essential health benefits required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). All private health insurance plans offered in federally facilitated marketplaces will offer the following 10 essential health benefits (EHBs):
- Ambulatory patient services (outpatient care you get without being admitted to a hospital).
- Emergency services.
- Hospitalization (such as surgery).
- Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care (care before and after your baby is born).
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment (this includes counseling and psychotherapy).
- Prescription drugs.
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices (services and devices to help people with injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions gain or recover mental and physical skills).
- Laboratory services.
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care (but adult dental and vision coverage aren’t EHBs).
- And some may cover dental braces Tijuana, in the case is necessary.
Before choosing an insurance company it is really important to know what covers.