March is National Nutrition Month! Active playtime isn’t the only thing kids need to grow big and strong. Parents know the struggle of getting kids to eat nutritious meals. How can you encourage kids to eat well without defusing tantrums every mealtime? Fun-E Farm has 6 fun tricks for getting your kids to eat better.
6 Tips for Tricking Your Kids to Eat Healthy
- Cook with the kids. This will teach them how long it takes to make a meal, which should cut down on complaints. It also gives them the opportunity to state their case before dinner is on the table. If your child isn’t feeling peas today, he’ll have a chance to choose a different vegetable.
- Mum’s the word. The more you fuss about what your kids are eating, the more they’ll balk. Lay down the law, but try not to prod your kids to eat their veggies. They’ll eat them on their own . . . or accept the consequences.
- Camouflage. Does your child hate broccoli and love chicken casserole? Sneak healthy sides into the foods your kid already loves.
- Introduce new foods slowly. If you give your child a plateful of something she’s never seen before, she may choose to go hungry. Instead, introduce new foods one at a time, giving her time to adjust.
- Give your child a choice. Does your child want a snack? Give him a choice between two or three healthy options. That way he won’t feel forced into eating those apple slices, which will give him a more positive view about healthy snacks.
- Sneak in treats. Eating healthy is important, but it’s alright to indulge every now and then. Set parameters for snacks, like “Dessert after you finish your vegetables” or “Pizza after 1 hour of playtime at Fun-E Farm.”
Want a way for your child to stay active, make friends, and boost their mood? Visit Fun-E Farm indoor inflatables playground in Kingston.