The holiday season is a great time of year, but it can be stressful on your budget, too. It seems like the holidays become more and more about spending money and less and less about spending quality time with your loved ones. At Fun-E Farm in Kingston, New York, we want to help you get back to the basics this year by sharing our favorite low-cost activities to do with your little ones during the holidays.
You don’t have to look that far to find some really great ways to enjoy the holidays without emptying your savings. Check out this helpful list to spread holiday cheer the simple (and inexpensive) way!
- Write to Santa – sitting down with your little ones with some great holiday music in the background and writing a letter to Santa can be a fun way to be with family while doing something creative and virtually cost free.
- Look at Christmas Lights – Taking a slow drive through town to look at everyone’s holiday decorations is fun and you can see all the beauty of the season without spending a dime!
- Volunteer Together – Giving back during the holidays is a win-win. Take your family to a soup kitchen, children’s hospital, animal shelter, or home for the elderly to spread your holiday spirit and help someone in need together.
- Go On an Adventure – bringing the kids in to Fun-E Farm is a great, inexpensive way to have a family adventure that will entertain the kids and give you a chance to see them run, jump and play like a kid should!
- Send Christmas Cards – It’s an old tradition that seems to be fading away in the age of online shopping, but sending Christmas cards to friends and family near and far will make the people in your life feel appreciated. Plus, it’s a great way to spend time with the family!
This list is just a handful of ideas but the important thing is to try taking a step back from the hustle and bustle of holiday spending in exchange for some quality time with the ones you love. At Fun-E Farm, we love hosting families and large groups during the holidays, too! Our bounce houses, obstacles and slides always make for an unforgettable day with the family. Swing by or call us today for more information.